how do parents feel about blocking content from their teens devices?

• mikey

Under 16 way different from 16+.

Well if the content is inappropriate for someone their age then it should be blocked.

No parnt would have to wry if they

simply did not allow their minr child

to own a cell phone & no kid undr 15

needs one.

• Charlie1 month agoReport

Well for one some kids actually do and especially if they're doing a lot of extracurricular activities outside of school. I had a cellphone when I was 11 and I turned out fine and besides that I went on airplanes by myself back then so of course I would have needed a way to contact my dad.

Teens own nothing. by law they own nothing. They are still minors and by law they can't own anything even if they paid for it.

A parent can take anything they want from thier kids and block what ever they want and the child has NO rights to whine and cry about it

We didn't block content. We supported our child and had dinners with our child every night. We raised a good kid and everyone we know tells us this. When our child's SS class asked how many kids had dinner with their parents, there was only our daughter. What is wrong with parents these days. Not spending quality time with their child and helping them to grow up right.

So for us, there was no reason to monitor content. Oh yes, just for information, she is now doing well in college 500 miles away from home. We trust her to make the right choices because we believe in her. Its all because of the way that we raised her.

• .

My wife and I once used Net Nanny and it sucked. It made our daughter's laptop basically useless with all the pop-ups and notifications. I think the better approach is to not allow private use of those devices. The laptop can be used at the kitchen table.

Of course, teens need to be given the benefit of the doubt. The only reason for restriction is when parents find solid evidence of abuse/misuse.