Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 2 months ago

What's Luxembourg like?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jahal
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Sounds boring and narrow minded compared to Paris, Barcelona and other cool European cities.

• 2 months ago

Rich and small. It’s an easy train ride from Brussels. Quaint, and one of the few duchies left in the world, with an actual Grand Duke.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's organised quite efficiently as city, county, province and country are pretty much the same thing. Your trainticket for instance is valid in the buses. One main source of income is the low taxes on booze, tobacco and carfuel.

Its military consists of a single company.

It also has THREE official languages: French, German and Leztebürgsch (similar to german).

As to migration...apparently 70 % of the population is born abroad or has at least one parent that's born abroad

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Flat........................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sharon
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I was there on a day the entire country was closed because it was the Grand Duke's birthday. Next time I was there the entire country was closed because it was the anniversary of the entry into heaven of the Virgin Mary. It has lots of holidays. Rather picturesque from the outside though.

Weird version of German

• 2 months ago

The small state of Luxembourg is a charming reminder of how Europe used to be.

Plague victims crawl elegantly down its quaintly cobbled streets, greasing the way with puss from their buboes, while at least 2 children a week are burned as the devil in the handsome market square. The country boasts 2 taverns, one humourous dwarf, and a shop that sells little things made of straw.

Source(s): I'm from Belgium and have been to Luxembourg a lot
  • 2 months ago

The city is interesting. It's built on either side of a deep ravine. You'll find that the locals talk to you in French, then talk about you in Letzebuergesch which is an eccentric German dialect. I haven't been into the countryside, but from the train it looks much the same as Belgium.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.