What if I cooked a tube of cookie dough whole?

Would it be like a big cookie candy bar, baked in a wrapper and ready to peel and eat?

• IvaB
    1 year ago

WOW,you may be on to something truly innovative and really smart too ! I definitely think you should try it.

• 1 year ago

I would not recommend that.

1 year ago

No, it wouldn't bake. Outside burned, inside raw.

• 1 year ago

it would rise and burst the wrapper, which may well melt too.

you could put the dough in a cake pan and make a cookie cake though..

• 1 year ago

Using most cooking methods, it would be very well done on the outside and pretty much raw on the inside. I thought maybe sous vide water bath cooking might do the trick, and it's possibly the answer. You want to pasteurize the egg in the cookie dough, so it won't make you sick. To do that you heat the dough through to 135°F. This will pasteurize the egg, but take several hours depending on the size of the dough roll.

There are tons of recipes for pasteurizing the eggs and making your own cookie dough to be eaten without baking, but I'm clueless on how too cook the dough into a finished cookie bar without taking it out of the package.

• 1 year ago

It wouldn't because a dough expands

1 year ago

The tube would likely blow up from the expansion of the dough from the internal heat.

I should imagine it would make quite a mess of the oven.