Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 2 months ago

Why is my phone not ringing?

When someone calls the landline, they hear ringing nonstop. However, my phone does not ring and when I pick it up I hear no dial tone. Is that a service issue or my phone itself? Thanks.

broken.................

• falcon

First try another phone ,than if not solved call your phone company

• Dale-E

Sounds like your instrument is not properly connected. Try a new connecting cord from phone instrument to proper output jack on your VOIP router. You maight be plugged into the wrong jack. Did it ever work right with the new system?

• don r

Have the phone company check it.

• Olive

Exactly as Barkley says, phone line issue. Also it could be if you got a hand held phone the batteries could be weak preventing your side of phone from ringing

No dial tone means no land line service

There is either a problem with the phone or the wires from the outlet to the box outside. Animals love to chew on wires under your house.

Many of the outside boxes have a place to plug the phone in. That way you can see if it is the phone or the wire.