Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 8 months ago

Why is there hardly any male nurses?

its about a hard job i am triaining to be a AIN .Seeing the dying ,the disabled and crash victims is hard OLD people are tricked out there money bashed spat on and sit in there poo .AS a AIN i can assist to stop this

I have been nursing for many years and male nurses are always in demand because the job can be physically demanding.

• :)

Society/media has made it seem feminine and servile. It’s no longer viewed that way by anyone with a brain. Plenty of men are in my nursing program, and most of them are straight and very masculine.

• Judy

Are you just remembering forty years ago? Today there are a lot or male nurses.

*Why "are" there.....

Simply because less men want to do it and it's stupid trying to make them, in the UK there was a drive to get more female mechanics, hardly any applied apart from a few dykes. People moan about stereotyping but do nothing to break the stereotypes. Being a nurse means low wages but you have a heart and don't care for money, that is more likely to be a woman, or a gaylord.

There are lots of them. I literally know more male nurses than female nurses when I just think through my friends & family about people I know who are nurses.

• ?

Its set aside for middle and upper middle class women. Its okay to the gender benders to still call teaching and nursing traditionally female. They need something to do with their daughters.

• Greg

Women tend to be more nurturing. It has traditionally been view as woman's job.

• Tavy

Thousands in the U.K.