Can I study for my Igcses in just 8 months?

Im an adult learner and want to take my Igcses this coming summer. I am planning to teach myself and be very thorough. I only want to take five subjects, maths, English and the three sciences. I already have a basic level of understanding in all subjects. Can I realistically get it done?

Can I realistically pass in eight months?

it goes without saying that it will be difficult. that said, if you cover all material quickly and swiftly move on to practise questions (remember to mark them!!) it may be possible. Obviously, to the higher tier exams it will be considerably more challenging.

yessssssssssssssss

• Katie

Yes you can - if you ignore the holiday's (half term, Christmas etc) the school year is 8 months.

You work hard ,success will come..

With 6-7 hours of self-teaching, it would be feasible. If you are looking for the top band grades (7, 8 or 9), consider waiting until next year and investing more time into your studies.

If you’re reading this post, you’re either super organised, prepared and confident with loads of time to spare, or you’re on a total downward spiral of procrastination towards likely failure.

• me2 months agoReport

How about if you're writing it?

• Jay

you can study for anything in 8 months. you can study for anything in 1 week........ what a dumb question..

• me2 months agoReport

Well that's very helpful.. thanks 🙄