Can I study for my Igcses in just 8 months?

Im an adult learner and want to take my Igcses this coming summer. I am planning to teach myself and be very thorough. I only want to take five subjects, maths, English and the three sciences. I already have a basic level of understanding in all subjects. Can I realistically get it done?

Update:

Can I realistically pass in eight months?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

it goes without saying that it will be difficult. that said, if you cover all material quickly and swiftly move on to practise questions (remember to mark them!!) it may be possible. Obviously, to the higher tier exams it will be considerably more challenging.

• 1 month ago

yessssssssssssssss

• Katie
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes you can - if you ignore the holiday's (half term, Christmas etc) the school year is 8 months.

• 2 months ago

You work hard ,success will come..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

With 6-7 hours of self-teaching, it would be feasible. If you are looking for the top band grades (7, 8 or 9), consider waiting until next year and investing more time into your studies.

• 2 months ago

If you’re reading this post, you’re either super organised, prepared and confident with loads of time to spare, or you’re on a total downward spiral of procrastination towards likely failure.

• me2 months agoReport

How about if you're writing it?

• Jay
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

you can study for anything in 8 months. you can study for anything in 1 week........ what a dumb question..

• me2 months agoReport

Well that's very helpful.. thanks 🙄

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.