Has anyone ever been to Bali?

Me and my wife went there a few months ago for 7 nights, and I miss it very very badly... we ve traveled here and there to other places around the world but nothing has ever came back to me like Bali did... I miss it so bad that we re rebooking as we speak.. has this happened to anyone else who s visited Bali??

• ?

Yes...the shopkeepers stand outside their shop and harrass tourists to enter

I went there for 1 month in 1989...o prefer Thailand but the really best place in Asia is The Philippines...beautiful islands everywhere friendly people that are fluent in English and it is so cheap there.

• Emdog

I started going to Bali in '82, went nearly every summer. Being a teacher I could go for 7 weeks at a time. Total love for Balinese music and dance. My Balinese friend Ibu Su said I was part of "family"... I half jokingly said "No! anything but that! I've seen games you guys run on each other!". Even brought her to US one summer after she went through divorce. She liked our equivalence of temples: shopping malls. Haha Haven't been back for about 10 yrs. It seemed over run with new age shops, Balinese had finally given into money culture... I suppose if you went to Bangli or someplace off the tourist circuit it might be fine.

Yes I have been but I don't miss it. To me it was just an experience to enjoy, have fun and learn. This is what travelling is all about. I get that the beauty of a country, the culture and it's people can be nostalgic but home is home for me. I try to travel to a different country annually but I don't strongly miss it. Have fun!