How do i get rid of the annoying spotify pop up on startup?

I accidentally clicked on the spotify ad in grove music one day and ever since I have had a spotify ad pop up whenever I start up my computer. It pops up in its own tab as if I had downloaded spotify but nothing ever downloaded so there is no way for me to uninstall it in the control panel. It's incredibly annoying and I don't know how to get rid of it. Do I need to delete grove music to get rid of it? Is there something else that needs to be done? Please help me!

Favorite Answer
    • Lumiosi5 months agoReport

It helped but not in the way I expected. There was no preferences in the window so I thought maybe it meant through the windows 10 settings. Then I thought "maybe it is an app that was downloaded and that's why I can't uninstall it through control panel" and turns out it was an app. I deleted it.

• John

Go to the start menu and in the search box type startup tasks. It will fill it in before you finish. On the list click disable on the Spotify app. Anything else you are sure you don't want, too. Hit apply and changes will happen the next time you boot.