Big Sean asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 months ago

Who would have thought the New Orleans Saints could actually beat the Seattle Seahawks in Seattle without Drew Brees?

I was convinced there was no way for the Saints to win this game without Drew Brees,

Gee, can we keep it going until week 10 when Drew Brees will return?

As a New Orleans native, I can tell you that we were apprehensive about that game. But coach Payton had the team ready (or so it seemed) and they put together a unified front - with points coming from defense, special teams, and offense. Brees is great, no doubt about it - but he has a good team around him.

I think Teddy will win a few more games before Drew comes back. As long as we don't drop to the cellar, we can make some progress towards the playoffs.

It might not show to folks who don't see him often, but Drew Brees is one helluva nice guy and a dedicated family man. He is also active in the community. Most of the folks here love him. We are all hoping that his UCL injury heals well. We have to look back at the shoulder injury that made him leave San Diego. He healed pretty well from that, and we are hoping that history repeats itself.

• Kurt

Anything can happen on Sunday in the NFL.

I lost $900 betting on the Seahawks, now I'm about to pawn my car

nfl saying on any given sunday. but now with more legalized betting on games anything is possible[jets score 14 pts. vs ne]

Not me. Curse these new betting apps.

i was surprise they beit the leigon uf boom in seattle

All the whos on the Saints team would have thought .........

Teddy Bridgewater come through. Ted is a talent quarterback but he never had the chance to play, either being injured or a back up

I did. The Sea Dorks are overrated. Some sports writers rated them one of the best teams in their inane "power rankings" even though they barely won against the Bangles and they lucked out when Big Ben got hurt and couldn't play. They only won by 2 points with Big Ben out. These people rated Seattle a lot higher than Frisco, even though Frisco destroyed the Bangles and even though Frisco won against the tough Tampa Bay team in Tampa. Looks like I know more about football than people who write about sports for a living. LOL

Teddy Bridgewater almost won against a better Seattle defense in the playoffs the year before he got hurt, if not for Blair Walsh missing a short field goal. New Orleans also has a much better defense than they did when they last played Seattle. Bridgewater did not play well against the LAmbs, but the LAmbs have a tough D. Even Tom Brady did not score much against them in the last super Bowl. The current Seattle defense is the worst they have had under Pete Carroll. Poor drafting, injuries, and loss of free agents can do that to a team.

Must be because Brees is over rated.

• lol youre actually ******* stupid if you believe that but okay