Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 2 months ago

Explain this quote?

Truth never damages a cause that is just. -Mahatma Gandhi

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well i dont know gandhi ji really said this line or not.. but yes truth never damages a cause that is just..as if a person hide truth once but nature or a truth ever in life comes and show to everyone that someone make lie of truth.. if u have seen movie "LINGA"

Can't say I go with that completely.  Truth has cost me jobs and lost me friends over the many years of my life.  The fact is the truth hurts and most people can't handle that, at all!

Gahdni no english

I think it's one of those over obvious things, said to politicians who think the common folk can't understand certain things. And should have the situations made more palatable.

That is it's just better to say the whole story as it is and don't mind political factons that may arise. If a segment t of the audience is offended.

Source(s): The movie Ghandi was one sorce of information about Ghandi's thought process. If the movie was correct in depicting Ghqndi

It's another way of saying that people who have nothing to hide aren't afraid to hear the truth.

Just a little soundbite for the adulating masses. It can mean whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

Gandhi wasn't a great thinker. He was a British agent.

• A.J.

To understand it, you first need to understand two of the words in context.

"Cause" has two common meanings.

1) a person or thing that gives rise to an action, phenomenon, or condition.

"the cause of the accident is not clear". source, root, origin, reason, basis, motive

2) a principle, aim, or movement that, because of a deep commitment, one is prepared to defend or advocate.

"she devoted her life to the cause of deaf people" Similar: principle, ideal, belief (in), conviction, tenet, charity, purpose, movement

In this use, it is the second one.

"Just" is used as an adjective. based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair.

Truth is reality, accurate, exact, in accordance with facts

Damage is harm, impairment, weakening

Reality and facts do not weaken, impair, or harm a principle or belief in that which is moral and righteous.

The general meaning (in my opinion) is that a just cause should always be truthful. If you could look up a fact and prove that a certain cause is telling lies or has anything to hide, it is not just. A just cause shouldn’t ever have to worry about being exposed or proven wrong because it is the righteous truth. Hope this helps a bit! :)

• Lapiz Dominoes

If only that waz a certain outcome!
      Bob Dylan: `If you`re gonna tell the truth
      you need have one foot on the ztirrup."
      (That iz the firzt time I heard that,and I doubt much haz changed.....

Why have you asked this question multiple times? Simply google search it and you'll find your answer. Or, search it on Yahoo.