Jeep Renegade 2017. 0Unrepaired Recalls associated with this VIN?

I bought a jeep renegade just last year. The funny thing is I felt the dealers were trying to get rid of the car. Yesterday I was able to pump 2 cents of gas at a time, and it will stop. The car is only a year old. The fuel tank is hard to fill. The Fuel fill nozzle kept shutting on me. I was able to pump a dollar gas and decided to drive to work. On my way driving, the car stopped while I was driving. It stopped in the middle of the road. I shut the engine off and turn it back on. It ran for 5 minutes but the engine shut off again. The car is not moving. I checked the NHTSA website for a recall, but it states "0 Unrepaired Recalls associated with this VIN" what's the meaning, any advice?

Ask your mommy. Maybe she's smarter than you.

"0 unrepaired recalls" means that all three of the issues it was recalled for were repaired. And by recalls, that means safety issues that got the government's attention.

1. "I felt the dealers were trying to get rid of the car". (What else should they do, KEEP them?)

2. "I was able to pump a dollar gas". (And you can't figure out why the car stopped?)

• Trump 2020

A detail that should have been in the question.....

• Jay P

Are you in the habit of pumping more fuel in after the nozzle clicked the first time? If so, you may have ruined the charcoal canister which would explain the difficulty refueling the vehicle.

If you run out of gas the thing will stop. Empty tanks are not your friend. If you insert the nozzle incorrectly or at the wrong angle, the pump will shut off, it isn't your tank! It is the angle the nozzle is inserted that is your issue.

PS- engines that can't get fuel because the tank is low, will stop in the middle of the road.

• Kingsley3 months agoReport

I did not run out of gas. there was still gas. I had like 4 bars