How can i charge my Sony Walkman NWZ-E474 if there isn't enough current?

This question is directed at any experts on electrical current:

Allow me to explain the scenario- at my workplace I would like to use a Sony Walkman NWZ-E474 to play music throughout the building's speaker system. The aux cable to connect to the speaker system is located upstairs in a room where there isn't any mains nearby, so my only way to charge the Walkman is through a USB socket on a large projector unit of some sort which does work but only gives out a very small current, not enough for the Walkman to draw power from. I want to keep this Walkman permanently in that place and permanently playing music 24/7.

Is there anything I can do to ensure this Walkman's lithium-ion battery doesn't run out of charge every 30 hours and is just permanently on?

Is this sustainable for the battery?

Sorry if this question is confusing, i can reiterate parts if needed.

Thanks!

Get a better power source. 

• A.J.

You need a power source to use the player uninterrupted.

The Walkman apparently runs low power and you probably only need 0.3Amp or less from the USB of the projector, but if not getting it, it is insufficient

There are settings of the Walkman using more or less power

https://helpguide.sony.net/gbmig/44252181/v1/eng/c...

Their 30-36 hours is based on the settings shown and a new battery.

You can buy an external battery with USB port known as a portable phone charger.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=portable+phone+charge...

Shows as 20,000 to 27,000 mAh

Note that the battery in the Walkman weakens a little with each recharge,

It is a nuisance to replace the battery in it.

The battery in the mp3 player may be 3.7V 420mAh

Although the 20K to 27K is reputed to be a false number you should get a couple of weeks at least.

As a 30 year Procurement Engineer, I don't trust the theoretical 50x30 hours = 1500 hours or two months, but you can be assured it gets you a lot more than charging the player daily. Maybe it gives you a once a month re-charge as I would expect if you bought one of the £20 high current ones.