Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 5 months ago

"In exam hall, I like to submit my test paper earlier because I can't answer so much." Is "submit" the word that native speakers use?

Favorite Answer

"submit" is perfect in this context.

In my area, we would say "In the exam hall..." or "In an examination..."

No, most of us would say 'hand in' or (more common in American English) 'turn in'.

I think you really mean, "In an exam I usually hand in my paper early, because I don't know many answers".

• Cara

Most of us in the UK would probably say "hand in" rather than "turn in" or "submit".

• roger

submit is proper English. Usually we use "turn in" or "hand in"

In the US, students would say SUBMIT in far fewer numbers. Mostly they would say TURN IN.

In other countries it is likely different, but you didn't specify which English speaking country. ;)

In addition, most American students take exams in a classroom not in an exam hall. In a class they would likely have to remain seated until the exam is finished for everyone. An exam hall suggests you can leave. So they would say:

A. "During an exam, I like to turn in my test early because I can't answer much. And then I just sleep."

But even MORE accurately, in such a predicament an American student would say:

B. "During an exam, I can't answer much. So I just sit pretending to answer then turn in my paper when others go up."

:D

Yes, but most students would use the extra time to go back and review the answered questions, and maybe answer a few more to get a better grade.

Yes; except the whole sentence is constructed poorly. " I would like to submit my test paper early because I am refusing to answer so much.

The fact is you are capable of answering it all but you won't do that...it is not a matter of you can't answer but you get blown away by the volume of questions immediately in your face & it frightens you "like a little girl"

I am here to point out FACTS. I AM NOT worried that I insulted you with the truth. If all the questions frighten you, then lay a blank paper over all of it and focus on 1 question at a time...answer it and move on to the next question.

You are seeing a mountain instead of attacking it one mole hill at a time.

• Ann

Or you could say, "Turn my paper in early"