Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 months ago

What should i do about this?

two weeks ago i went back to my hometown for a visit and ran into an old friend,we hit it off. I stayed a night with him .no sex just kiss and cuddle. He said all night he wanted to visit me and even looked at flights. Few days after i got back i text him and he replied but that was it..a week later he texted me just saying how awesome a pic i posted on social media was..now what? i want something with this guy but we live cross country from eachother tho i would move back home for something solid withhim..we are both almost 40

Nothing wrong in behaving like a love sick teenager other than you've possibly been there done it and still have the scars to prove it! However, things said at the heat of romance, a moment of old chemistry, don't always playout as we'd like. That of course doesn't necessarily mean it was all BS! The reality of both of your locations kick in and despite yearning on both parts, you're both big-enough and old-enough to accept reality based on this distance dilemma. I suggest you stop running before you fall over and gently stroll and enjoy the electronic connection of the Internet, and like many before you and also after you, don't over think and get use to a new way of dating that could invariably end up being the man of your dreams.