Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 11 months ago

Can I report this to the police. Would they do anything? UK?

I am a person of colour. Yesterday on the bus there was this teenager about 18 and they kept making very racist comments, mentioning the KKK including 'what are they doing in england anyway' and 'where's the KKK when you f**king need them' was another comment. also said several times 'i would love to see all non whites burn' and 'shame the KKK wasn't much more active nowadays' is this a criminal offence?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

So you feel a need to validate their ignorance and stupidity.

• 11 months ago

TROLL FAIL. The KKK isn't in the UK.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

Wrong, stupid, immature, idiotic, arrogant, inconsiderate, inappropriate and ignorant but not much of a criminal offense. I say not much of a criminal offense because it is a form of harassment. Unfortunately pressing charges for such a thing...the police will press the charges if you wish them to but it's really not going to do anything other than anger these idiots more and make their behavior worse toward you and other people. So the best thing to do is 'turn the other cheek' and leave it where it is, in the past, and just simply ignore people like that.

The reason people are racist and bully others is due to their own insecurities. Because a person around them is different an insecure-with-themself person feels uncomfortable because they aren't the same. It's a form of fear. To defend themselves (against nothing - an every day experience) they feel they have to encourage themselves to feel superior to the difference, so they gang up (out number) and bully, make inappropriate comments, etc, to make them selves feel better...about themselves.

They don't usually harass others if they're not in a group that out numbers the persons challenging them by being different. Different could be any difference; more attractive, better looking and/or cleaner clothes, smoother skin, eyes and teeth that aren't crossed as examples.

If these kind of mentally challenged people are alone they usually don't say or do anything. They just 'suck up' their own insecurity.

Your presence challenged them. You are the better person.

You were riding the bus just like they were.

No matter what a human looks like on the outside we're all the same inside.

• Ann
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

I don't know what happens with the law in the UK but it wouldn't hurt to report it. You never know.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Report it to us if you want results. We have a division in the UK.

Do you have a photograph of the racist?

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

I can't imagine that rude comments would be a crime. They'd have to arrest everyone on the bus. And how would you prove what was said or that it was directed at anyone in particular? I'd just ignore it and work towards getting a car.

• 11 months ago

Yes, it's a racial hate crime

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

racist comments alone won't do anything. it's only until they act on racist comments is it a hate crime or assault. otherwise, they're just words.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.