ray asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 months ago

Am I too controlling?

Blake Shelton did a party on the plaza in our small town. My girlfriend got free tickets. She really wanted to go. I don't like how loud concerts are and figured there would be too many people there and I would not be able to hear anything so I decided not to go. I told her she was not allowed to go either , but she ended up persuading me into dropping her off. He had a meet and greet afterwards at my favorite bar. Now I wish I would have went.

She sat in the back with her sister instead of front with me. I slammed the car seat into her legs several times and kind of hurt her knees. We had the worst fight about it. She was really mad I sad she deserved it for sitting the wrong seat.

She spent 12 dollars that we don't have on Halloween decorations. I hate Halloween feel that it is a satanic holiday. I demanded they be taken down or will destroy them. She says that better not happen because she lets me have my stuff up. She looked scary when she said it.

I want this to work but I am not used to woman that disobey me and do there own thing no matter how much I protest. I have told her she is too strong willed a woman which will put people off and she just laughs.

No not at all you sound like a perfect catch. Way to be winning!

• david

You best put her in her place NOW, or you'll be watching her and Blake Sheldon do it, while your standing in the corner. Halloween sucks.

• Ryde0n

She's going to stab you in the neck when you're sleeping .

I would say yes with a anger issue, better get it fixed for your future.

I am not usually the one to criticize people’s lives online but...Do you really think this is okay? Do you think being in a relationship with a woman requires you to put her on a leash? Your ideology is extremely controlling, obsessive. I don’t know what makes you think that this is okay. She is not too strong willed whatsoever, she’s a normal person trying to live her life and participate in her interests and seems like you’re making her miserable for it, and you’re throwing adult tantrums. Why are you even in a relationship?

• Benny

Yes, and you're not even remotely mature enough to be in a relationship.

Yeah, you’re too controlling. The thing about a relationship is that it’s two people with a bond. You can’t pin someone under your thumb and call it love. The fact that you question it is enough of a red flag. You threaten to damage her property, tell her where she can and cannot go, and hurt her because she didn’t sit where you want. Think to yourself if you would like the same limitations placed on you. You should love and trust one another, and she should be allowed to express her interest in things, sit where she likes, and go where she wants. If you’re not able to allow her the freedom to do what makes her happy, then perhaps you’re not ready for a relationship, over time she won’t be happy. No one wants to be treated like property and punished for just living their life.

Source(s): 8 years of a good relationship

yes and you shouldnt have hurt her knees like that, she could put you in jail for that

• ray8 months agoReport

I was teaching her a lesson maybe she will sit where she is told next time.

Let her do the things she likes as long as she's not getting in trouble

Yes, you absolutely are. You also appear to have no respect for women in general and her specifically. A man is supposed to protect his woman. Who's going to protect her from you!