Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

I'm always scared that my new boyfriend will leave me so he gave me his phone password and said I can check his phone whenever I want?

I'm 21 and he's 20 and we been dating for 8 months and I'm always scared that he'll leave me, he is overly attractive that when I first met him I thought he's a player cause many girls like him and crushing on me when actually he's still a virgin because he said he wants to lose his virginity to someone he loves and he did lose it to me few months ago, seeing so excited and moaning knowing it's his 1st time really put a smile on my face. Anyways everyday I'm scared he'll leave me and I talk to him about it so yesterday he gave me his phone password and said I can check it whenever I want so I did check it when he was asleep and there was nothing wrong in it.

Is this a good sign? Should I be worried he'll leave me? He's just so perfect and I been never treated good and never in my life I had a guy buying me stuff and treating me like royalty, Im so afraid one day he'll get bored of me

If you don't stop obsessing on this dilemma it's going to eventually drive a wedge between you both and he will leave you. I know that's easier said than done but you're going to have to try or seek help from a therapist.

I doubt he is as perfect as you think he is. Nobody is perfect. I knew some women who were with men that they thought were "perfect" and "out of their league", but honestly all of these men were never actually out of their league at all, it was just their perception because sadly they did not feel they deserved better. My guess is you are a good match for your boyfriend, and he is a good match for you, and you should stop checking his phone because trust issues will destroy the relationship.

Ultimately this is your problem.

You have no reason to think he will leave other than how paranoid you are about him. He gave you his password, but if you keep using it to check up on him, he'll feel like you don't and never will trust him. And thats not his fault.

This sounds like you havt rust issues, and need to work them out before it does harm.