jed asked in PetsDogs · 8 months ago

Why cant you eat or drink in a school lab?

Where the gen chem and basic bio lab classes are held at my school also happens to be the room where human anatomy lab (with cat dissections) occurs. Idk about you, but I don't want to ingest any of that, and not to mention other hazardous wastes you can consume accidentally.

Biology lab safety rules are guidelines designed to help keep you safe while you are experimenting. Some equipment and chemicals in a biology laboratory can cause serious harm. It is always wise to follow all lab safety rules. Don't forget, the most helpful safety rule is to use plain old common sense. If you eat or drink in a bio lab, you can ingest possibly dangerous chemicals or bio hazards

I think it is mostly a state or county law that is just for precaution due to previous accidents.

Since you left your question about a lab (laboratory) in the dog section (where Lab = Labrador) I feel it is beholden upon me to explicitly point out that even BEING in a lab is illegal in most countries, let alone eating at the same time. Besides, Labs usually have voracious appetites and the presence of food would cause it to keep trying to turn around.

I guess you question ended up in the dog section cause of the word 'lab'. Like Labrador Retriever.

Common sense is what keeps one from eating & drinking in a lab. What if something in the lab contaminated you drink or food or what if your food gets into one of the experiments? Screw up everything.

It could contaminate the food. For example, you don't want to be drinking something while you're working with yeast cells. You could get a yeast infection.

Contamination of the chemicals and equipment used in the lab, contamination of the food that's brought in via air contact or physical contact.

That sandwhich your eating for instance, set it on the counter just for a second and maybe something powdered or clear that's has costic residue may be on that same counter that you didn't see. Next thing your lips and mouth are burned, and if you swallowed maybe your throat etc.

Drinks, candies, food etc are all vulnerable to air and physical contact

• Greg

You can leave food contamination in the lab. The chemicals in the lab can contaminate the food or drink.

• E. H. Amos

And you use chemicals that can be TOXIC to you - if ingested (via contamination).

I don't wanna go to USA and