promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Did Man United make the biggest mistake of hes life selling Lukaku?

Lukaku is on fire in Italy and just scored in his home ground in an away game against big rivals AC Milan. Man United are playing a fake striker Rashford who is now injured along with other fake striker Martial. Greenwood looks good but he needs time, unlike me when I was his age. Lukaku maybe he isnt one of the top strikers in the world like I suggested on BT Sports but right now Man United are lacking in proven scorers and Lukaku cant stop scoring in the weaker Serie A lets be honest. In my day we had myself, Rooney, Berba and Javi Hernandez, all good goalscorers in our own right. Who have United got now? Two fake strikers and a 17 year old kid. What was Ole thinking, what was Ole drinking!?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

It was a mistake. His scoring record wasn't too bad, and not helped by Pogbas poor form in midfield. Rashford is overrated, he'd never be in the England team if he was at somewhere like Burnley.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Lukaku wasn't better than the current bunch,selling him was a good move. What Man Utd should of then done was buy a world class striker.

• Michael Owen8 months agoReport

He was better he had more goals, If united wasnt gonna replace him they shouldnt have sold him.

• 8 months ago

It was probably the biggest mistake they didn't make.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No...he was overpaid and not much good.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • August
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

They got rid of the 2 highest earners there so there isn't so much resentment from the other players like DeGear

• 8 months ago

Biggest mistake was to let him go without no replacement in

• 8 months ago

No, selling Lukaku was a good move since he's an average player, but signing no replacement is just idiotic. don't agree to sell him until you've already got a replacement signed up. Now all they've got is 17 year old forwards for the foreseeable future, they might actually get relegated at this rate, lol.

• 8 months ago

Rashfords now injured so it doesn't really help the situation.

Cheers

• Harry
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

All our finishers are inconsistent, even Lukaku, when he was here, still though, he's much better at it than Rashford, so yeah, I think we definitely made a mistake getting rid of him, WITHOUT bring in a replacement - the only potential positive of that however, would be Rashford now has no excuse not to do well, but then again, if Lukaku stayed and was benched, then maybe Rashford would have thrived, given the competition for his spot.

No chemistry, despite our players being no strangers to each other, which even shows when our more senior players play together and to make matters worse, our better players are injured too - our best eleven isn't exactly great either, but they are at least more capable of hurting half-decent opposition at times.

Either way, we'd still suck or have an area of our team that would let us down, like the midfield.

We'll be lucky to even finish in a Europa League spot this season and the only way I can see us potentially having a glimmer of hope, would be to bring in a striker in January, even if it's some 100 year old on loan, because we lack experience and if nothing else, it would at least provide the current players with some competition, which could potentially help them step up.

#NotEvenEuropaLevel

Source(s): Man Utd fan.
    • Gary Neville said he looks at that United team sheet, and sees no 'spine' in that team.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan
      Ángel Di María
      Marouane Fellaini
      Daley Blind
      Ander Herrera
      Juan Mata
      Mempis Depay

Too many ins and outs.

I suspect 2 or 3 in the above could have STAYED maybe ?

• 8 months ago

too many changes not enough time to allow players to just settle down and learn to play as a unit together...

too crazy.

Personally though, from the heart, I honestly don't care LMAO

I'm enjoying this, seeing Manchester United fall waaaaaaaaay off their own perch : ))

and this time they fell off it themselves entirely. With us, we pressed the self destruct button and then never got back up again. With them, SAF set the rot in place but not going after the world class replacements for RVP, Scholes, Giggs, etc

Moyes inherited a side which was aging and past it imo, and rightfuly changed and brought in his own personel - but at the cost of the whole tower of dominos to collapse.

It was coming.

and boy did they FALL ! lol

6 TIMES

YNWA :-D

• Michael Owen8 months agoReport

You do not love it mate. Liverpool needs Man United and Man United needs Liverpool.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.