Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 months ago

How much sexual function does the penis have left if the scrotum and testicles are castrated and is it guaranteed to cause infertility?

bender_xr217 : It proves nothing. I've heard that erections and ejaculation are still possible because seamen is mostly prostate fluid. I've also heard of testosterone treatment that can take place after an orchidectomy / castration.The only thing which I believe you are really guaranteed to lose in fertility. I want a urologist or someone who has undergone this procedure to answer this question for me.

I want mine removed because I suffer from ehlers-danlos syndrome type 3, hypermobility syndrome, and bethlem myopathy. They all cause collagen defects which are messing up the skin around my genitals the worst. That is why I'm considering this beyond just a scrotoplasty. The scrotum also smells like vile masculine **** no matter how often I clean it. Prescription powders do not work because the moisture from the excess skin will penetrate it and make my condition worse.

I don't want to lose fertility though, if I have it.

I already have a female urologist and I have more than one dermatologists. I've had 2 re-circumcisions and I'm having a scrotoplasty at the end of the year to remove roughly half of the skin.I am asking about this because I don't feel like the scrotoplasty is going to be enough because of how well I know myself. I never like having a scrotum period.

I already have a female urologist and I have more than one dermatologist. I've had 2 re-circumcisions and I'm having a scrotoplasty at the end of the year to remove roughly half of the skin. I am asking about this because I don't feel like the scrotoplasty is going to be enough because of how well I know myself. I never liked having a scrotum period.

I originally had a male urologist but they had to switch me to the female urologist in the practice because she specifically does the surgery where they remove skin.

I am not trans. I have medical issues. I want to keep my penis without a scrotum.

• Andy C

Take a biology class.

The bottom line is that all guys need to use an antibacterial penis health creme like Man1 Man Oil for improved hygiene down there. This simple act will keep you clear of infections, odors and other irritations. I use it and I can't say enough good things about it. Keep it in mind. 

• "I never like having a scrotum period."

Are you trans???

• 8 months agoReport

No. I have medical issues. I want to keep my penis without a scrotum.

• Roddy

The testes produce the sperm that you need to be fertile. Without it you may still get erections and ejaculate semen, but you will be shooting blanks.

The testes also produce testosterone, which is the male hormone, making you desire sex amongst other things. Without testosterone you may find it impossible to be aroused, to get an erection and an orgasm.

If you don't get erections then you will never be able to satisfy a girl since the penis needs to be erect to insert it into the vagina and pleasure your partner.

You get to sing soprano in the choir.

• Roddy

Only if the castration is performed before puberty has set in!

If the testicles are removed a man can literally expect 0% "sexual function" and 100% infertility... 100% guaranteed.

RE UPDATE 1: Sorry, but without testicles there is no way for the body to produce sperm cells thus making a castrated man infertile. And yes, the prostrate does produce the lion's share of the fluid that semen consists of... but again, no balls... no babies.

And yes, you could go on hormone replacement therapy and you MIGHT be able to achieve an erection, but it's most likely going to be lack luster. if you want a Urologist to answer your questions... go see one. I know that sounds crazy and all, but what's more crazy is thinking there are Urologists hanging out here at Y/A.

RE Update 2&3: Go see a Urologist IN PERSON, explain your concerns and see what he has to say. If you don't like what he has to say, find another and get a 2nd opinion. If you have your testes removed and have not saved viable semen at a reputable sperm bank/storage facility... you will not have children.

Lastly, I do empathize with you as I also suffer from a skin condition, albeit a different one. But having your balls chopped off is not the answer man. I mean... you can do what you want, but if it were me I'd continue to search for a urologist AND/OR a dermatologist who one day might be able to help you manage your condition in a more tolerable manner.

RE ADDITION UPDATES/COMMENTS: As I previously mentioned... it's your scrotum, if you want it removed... have it removed. However, I'd try getting a 2nd opinion from a male urologist, not that a female one is less capable or anything, but a male might be more sympathetic and understanding. If anything, it will confirm her diagnosis.

And it seems to me that a scrotoplasty is at least 1/3 of the way to what you want anyway, and if it should work or make your condition more tolerable... then why not start there. If it doesn't work, then you can still have your scrotum removed.

The thing is, your condition is probably so rare that the likelihood of finding someone here who suffers the same way is slim at best, and doctors don't generally hang out at Y/A, they're too busy doing doctoring to be messing around here. Certainly there are support groups or websites that deal with your condition where you could meet and discuss your condition with others. Ask your doctor(s) about them, ask the drug companies who make your meds, you could even ask your pharmacist or do a websearch to find them.

A wise man once said, "If you're falling off a cliff, you might as flap your arms and try to fly... you haven't anything to lose."

• 8 months agoReport

I am asking about this because I don't feel like the scrotoplasty is going to be enough because of how well I know myself. I never liked having a scrotum period.

• kelvin

for asking this daily it makes you a troll