Is it unfair to ask him to not date anymore?

I am a married woman having an affair with a single man. (I do not want to hear how it is awful that I am having an affair. My husband and I have our ways of making our marriage work.) We are very close and have been seeing each other for 7 months. He has been open with me in the past about going on dates with another woman and he knows that I get jealous.

There's 2 ways to look at this, 1 you're getting really attached to this guy and don't want him sharing anything with anyone but you and 2 you could be concerned with what he might get from someone else. A problem for him could be that he isn't getting all he wants from you, are you willing to up the ante for him?

• K M

I haven't read all the answers here, so forgive me if I'm repeating someone else's answer. I think you are within your boundary's asking him to stay true to you. You have a husband that you don't want to give an STD to. This single guy is very lucky to be with such a hot wife as yourself. (my humble opinion) You are staying true to him, he should stay true to you! You could make it more fun for him to stay true. There are devices that you could ask him to wear that would ensure that he wouldn't cheat. Of course, you would have to have a wonderful reward if he went along with you on this!

You have that shackle on your finger and you are having fun on the side you can't get mad at him when you are taking and he is a single mad out and about having fun it's like the matrix you took the red pill he asked was you up for it and you said yes so you can't get mad if he talk or deal with other women

Yes. You're simply not available for a real relationship so you can't ask him to stop his forward progression in life over what is bound to be just a temporary fling. You don't get to lock up all the guys, lady. You have zero right to be jealous...but you can ask him not to discuss his other relationships with you.

• snack_daddy10

hahahahaha "You don't get to lock up all the guys....."

• GEEGEE

Yes. Yes it is, but perhaps this a made up story anyway.

• snack_daddy10

Like women EVER cheat, as if!!!

You already the know the answer.

• Piero

You don't have a right to be jealous, until you leave your husband.

• snack_daddy10

People feel whatever they feel without needing a "right" to feel that way.

Oh well, jealous or not, you're also NOT AVAILABLE to be dating. You're married. duh

Two wrongs doest make a right. Adultry is adultry. Not according to man but according to the one who will judge all of us.

Hebrews 13

4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

• Dr. Stephanie

religious comments such as these border on madness. such people think they are "saving" someone, but I think its useless drivel.

"What's the difference between you and a prostitute?"

"Why do you paint your eyes when your lovers despise you?"

"Why degrade yourself by worshipping a created thing rather than the Creator of all things?"

As a former sex addict, I can't wag a boney finger at anyone. I KNOW how the need/want of sex keeps you looking for a clean attractive source.... keeps you thinking of ways to get it.... keeps making you dress and act a certain way to attract it.

God forbid you attract an ugly person by your behaviour. That would repulse you.

But all this running around to get some.... where has it led you? You have worn yourself out trying to get and keep your lovers until there is barely enough humanity left in you left to form a corpse.

Yet, our Heavenly Father loves you anyway.

He is even jealous for your love.

He wants to rescue you like a knight in shining armor... and take you to His palace.... wash you and forgive you and make you His own.

Never bringing to mind the things of the past.

He will forgive you... if you only admit to what you've done and give your heart to Him to heal.

Second chances are Jesus' first favorite kind of chance and His love is better than life itself.

Yes... God loves you just the way you are....

But He loves you too much to leave you that way.

• Dr. Stephanie

religious comments like this border on madness.