my emails have been scammed so I've changed my password however contacts are still receiving scam emails.?

• Sharon

You have to do a lot more than just change your password. This is how to recognize and secure a hacked account: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3516.html

It could be malware or it could just be spammers using the email address. If your contacts check carefully, they will probably see the emails are not from your email account at all, but the scammers are using your email as a fake name. They probably got the email name from some less than legit site you signed up for. In that case, there is nothing you can do. There has probably been nothing wrong with your account to begin with. Run a malware check and a virus check top make sure.

your address is being spoofed or your comptuer itself has malware on it so changing your pw did no good. more likely the former. just warn your contacts that you've been hacked.

if i suspect malware i do a clean install and wipe out EVERYTHING on my hard drives. anti-virus solutions only somewhat work sometimes.