Do you think democratic party insinuates men are smarter than women?

They want federal funded abortions, but yet they don't offer federal funded vasectomies.

So they are suggesting women aren't smart enough not to get pregnant.

Why aren't women offended?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You just need a National Health Service, then you'd have both.

• 2 months ago

No.

Do you remember the last Democratic Party presidential candidate?

Are you not smart enough to realize what this question implies about your intelligence, Matt K.?

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In many cases that party insinuates that we're all too stupid to conduct our own affairs. Sadly the only other viable political party in this country is rife with problems of its own. Then we wonder why the US has the lowest voter participation rates in the developed world. Most of us simply have no one to vote for.

• 2 months ago

I don't think your statement is accurate.

The threat made by a conservative president is to withdraw the use of tax dollars from any organization that supports abortion.

This isn't federally funded abortion. It is a claim that we pay the taxes and we should be entitled to a fair share of the distribution of OUR money.

Nothing more and nothing less than that.

If money is withheld from one group it gives more money to spend on someone else. Hence it distorts unfairly and unjustly the principle that the government should not interfere with the private beliefs of an individual.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Frankly, I don't think the Democratic party is coordinated enough to make such an insinuation. And I say this as someone who has (reluctantly) ended up voting Democratic going all the way back to 18yo.

Source(s): "I am not an member of an organized political party. I am a Democrat." --Will Rogers
  • 2 months ago

Vasectomies are covered by medical assistance programs, so they actually are government funded. Also, many Planned Parenthood Centers perform the procedure at low- or no-cost. But as for your core question, I don't think the political parties insinuate anything about the intelligence of either sex. However, some of the far right religious groups do hold to ideas of a women deferring to men.

• Marvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You are completely missing the point.  What they "want" and what they speak are very different things.  They are just trying to "buy votes".  There are 10 women who want the abortion option for every man who wants a free vasectomy.  The politicians only want to peruse what gets them the most vote for their effort.

Besides, a vasectomy costs about the same as an abortion, and need only be done once.  If a man cannot come up with $700 for a vasectomy once in his lifetime, then he is not much of a man.  Most women who seek abortions do not get only one in a lifetime.  Odds are most women who have had an abortion do not learn, and will have a another within ten years.  That is why you cannot compare the two items.

Source(s): I had a vasectomy. It was only $250. That was the best $250 I ever spent. I have dated women who told me that they have had three abortions before they were 30.
  • 2 months ago

They are not offending men. They believe women are vulnerable species.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Obama said anything men can do, women can do better.   The Democratic Party is very into identity politics.  

• 2 months ago

You can't compare the two.  If a woman gets an abortion, she can usually still have children.  A vasectomy is for life.

• Elana
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Actually, vasectomies are frequently reversible. Just not reliably so. That is, if you get a vasectomy thinking "well, of course I'll get it reversed when I want children", you a playing a HUGE gamble.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.