Tay asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Does anyone use protein powder? What are the benefits yall notice?

I'm getting protein powder today and I am wondering if anyone use it. Do yall feel more energetic?

When I saw benefits, I mean health benefits for your body. Not the its a quick meal

*say

The only benefit is its a quick and easy source of protein. That's it. There is nothing special about it and there are no health benefits. If anything its actually better to get your protein from whole foods.

• Andy C

They drain the wallet.

They are mostly peed out.

They aid in fat gain.

They can cause problems to those with problems with certain amino acids.

But, hey, they're hype, so you should just follow!

• Tay2 months agoReport

Protein doesn't make you gain fat. Fat makes you gain fat. You pee out water but its still good for you. 

There's nothing special about protein powder. It's simply a convenient way of getting more protein. Which is to say, it's better than nothing. But it's inferior to protein from real food.

• yet-knish!

I'm saying, if you need protein, it probably will help.  But eating protein from real food would help a lot more.

• Logan

The only benefit is that it can be used to make a quick meal like post workout meal. However meals should also include carbs and fats. My post workout meal is whole milk, whey protein, dextrose, creatine, glutamine, fudge, and banana.