Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Are instant soups healthy to eat?

There is an instant soup that I eat a lot, it's called "Street Soup". The soup comes in flakes in the cup and to turn it into a liquid soup, you add boiled water to it and stir the soup in the cup.

This particular soup that I eat, claims to be a superfood.

It also says the following:

"these are natural instant soups based on legumes - peas, lentils, chickpeas.

Soups have a high content of easily digestible vegetable protein, up to 24%.

Gluten free cream soups, suitable for vegans, made up of 100% natural ingredients.

Streetsoup cream soups - low calorie - only 150 kcal in 1 cup.

Just add hot boiled water, stir and your hearty lunch is ready!

1 glass of cream soup is a complete quick lunch, 300 g ready soup."

I want to know if this kind of soup is healthy to eat, because I do eat a lot of it. I usually eat the lentil flavour.

This is the website:

https://streetsoup.com.ua/

Not really.there would be very little nutrients left as you probably know heat/boiling water destroys the nutrients.So your just getting something to fill your tummy that taste good but has very little nutrient value.

• Pippin

Instant soups (and canned soups) usually contain a lot of sodium Check the label.

And if you like lentils -- they are very cheap (likely MUCH cheaper than the processed stuff) and easy to prepare, and be prepared to your taste (add what seasonings you like, add vegetables and/or a little meat if you wish) and are much more filling than a cup of watery soup. You can make up a pot of lentils and keep it in your fridge for several days, warming up a serving as you want it.

Soups is healthy for health because of it include health things and no spicey thing.