Ahai
Ahai asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 5 months ago

Why do we have different opinions on names?

The names I like might be some that you dislike and vice versa.

What is it that makes us like and dislike names? Could it be associations or simply the sound of the name? And do you think there is at least one name that everybody like?

We have different tastes. Some people like uncommon names that you don’t hear much . While other people like common names that you know 12 of the same name. I like to think it has to do with personality. People that like uncommon names are a bit more eccentric and people that like common names like things simple

We all have different tastes, some like old names and unique while others like modern, trendy, sometimes overused names. I don't think it is any one thing that makes us dislike names, it is just personal preferences. I doubt if there is just one name that everyone would agree on.

• blank

There are many factors in why a person may like or dislike a name and the reasons you stated are a couple of them. Some people do not like common names or in some cases may not like uncommon names. I do not think there is one name that everyone likes.

Because humans are complex beings and we like different things

Like and dislike are profoundly subjective. Most English speaking people will prefer euphonious familiar sounds in a name like Henry or Jenny over such things as Gunda or Arses (real names). Most normal people also like what is familiar not to jump the tracks and calling boys names like Mary or girls Robert tends to put them on edge, eye rolling also occurs when some attempt to awkwardly adapt a word as a name such as Tequila, Camper, or Clarity, whereas exotic if euphonious my find approval Kailani, Moana, Elowyn....

Because people aren't cookie cutters. We have different tastes and opinions.

Different life experiences lead to different associations. Given the number of people in the world, there's no name that is universally liked. But if you pick a common name like Dave or Jenny, it will likely be neutral, because people will not have a single association for it.

In the end, I think character is far more important. A child will define their name, not the other way around.

• Tri-Harder

Pretty much everyone I know has a strong dislike for the name Jenny. Myself included. I have a very strong single association with it, but disliked it long before that because it's just so bland.

Different people have different tastes because humans are individuals. It applies to music, food, movies and other aspects of life as well as names.

• Marie

ANd it says a lot about a person . A person that likes to only use the same answers over and over and over and over lead extremely boring lives