Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 5 months ago

Health problem, please help?

My friend hasn’t been feeling well for the last three days. He threw up every few hours, hasn’t eaten, can’t keep his balance, and his jead hurts so much he can’t keep it still. He suffers of Diabetes and always has a high blood sugar level,m. For the last three days it’s been 10.5.

He doesn’t want to go to the hospital because he’s afraid they will take his driving license. ( He’s been told by a diabetic nurse that if his glycaemia levels and blood pressure keep being high, his driving license will be taken away.

He is a bit old and if he makes too much effort, he runs out of breath and becomes dizzy so being a driver is pretty much all he can do.

He has many loans and pays high lent and can’t afford to miss a day off work.

I’m sorry this is long but I’m so scared, he lost so much weight these days and I really don’t know what to do

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

He is very likely going to die if he doesn't go to the ER and get treated. He then has to take his medications and stay on a balanced diet the doctors suggest. The reason a person in his situation's drivers license is revoked is a good one: It is not safe for people in that poor of health to be driving. It's not safe for them and it's not safe for other drivers on the road.

Diabetis and High Blood Pressure (hypertension) are managable. All a person with those things has to do is take their meds and eat a balanced diet avoiding things they shouldn't have and they're fine.

• 5 months ago

It isn't your place to do anything. He isn't a family member so he has the right to make decisions on his own. He trust those health care people. That decision he will have to live with. As a friend you can recommend alternative health care products that can balance his sugars. But, you don't know enough about his health care history. There is so much out there in this world that you can be putting yourself at risk by intervening. If he has lost his reason about going to the doctor, that is a red flag. He sounds like he is detoxing from opioids. Those are some dangerous people. He should turn himself in to detox and reckon with what ever criminal charges are brought forth before him. It is a crime to abuse opioids to the extent that he is no longer under the care of the doctor. This is why you have to stay away from him.

• 5 months ago

He really needs to address his health issues regardless of the outcome. Hopefully the experience will help him better manage his illness. One can’t drive if deceased, so he needs to address health first, and the possibility of losing his license when or if that occurs.

• 5 months ago

If your friend wants to feel better, he needs to see a doctor and soon.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.