Marcus asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 10 months ago

Why are some of my answers not showing up for everyone else?

When I post an answer to someone's question, then I log into another account, the answer will be invisible.

Is there a way to know if your answers are showing up or not, without having to sign out & sign into a different account?

This is very frustrating!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favourite answer

Spam filter. You have to edit your answer to make it show up

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

The answer is hung in the spam filter (some mistakenly call it shadow banning, but it is not any form of banning) and only shows up for the user who posted it. It needs to be edited to get it to show up for others, but if the OP doesn't realize no one else can see it, they don't know to inquire about the issue and find out what to do to get it through the filter.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Without signing out and Viewing it some place else there is no other way to know if its Showing up to the Public or not

If you have any Links in there or use any Curse Words sometimes the Filter may Flag it and cause it not to show up

Yahoo also just got a new Format that a lot of people are getting a lot of Issues going on with It If you got the New Format it could be a Bug with the New Format

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

The only way you will know is doing what you did. No one will tell you unless the asker does an update and tells you your answer did not post but they saw it on their notification. So it is up to you to re-write it to get it past the spam filter or maybe remove a link you may have posted. But it is all up to you now.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.