ADVICE ON MATHS DRAWING SOFTWARE?

Not having any knowledge of or experience with this type of software, whenever I can’t avoid including a diagram as part of an answer to a question, I hand draw the diagram, scan it in, creating a pdf file in the process, snip the image using the Windows snipping tool and finally upload the picture file image. This... show more Not having any knowledge of or experience with this type of software, whenever I can’t avoid including a diagram as part of an answer to a question, I hand draw the diagram, scan it in, creating a pdf file in the process, snip the image using the Windows snipping tool and finally upload the picture file image. This is a tedious process and limits my ability to post answers to geometry type questions. I know there are several experts who post regularly on YA Maths who can do beautiful diagramswhen they need to. I wonder whether you can refer me to the software you use, with recommendations as to which might be suitable for a beginner in this area, and whether I may obtain it free on the internet, or if I need to buy it, details of cost and where and how to get it. Many thanks.