Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

How do I balance my depression along with bullying at school and extremely stressful work loads? (4 a levels)?

UK answer

You need to see your GP to get a referral to CAMHS for an assessment and treatment. They'll provide therapy and a support worker, psychiatric nurse or mental health social worker to support you through this. You're an adult in the eyes of the NHS so your parents and school/sixth form college will only know if you tell them. Bullying in sixth form is so childish, you need to tell them calmly to eff off and just walk away as if you're bored. If it continues speak to your form tutor or head of year for advice. Exams aren't everything and if sixth form isn't for you look into Access to Higher Education courses which are one year or an apprenticeship. University is much better, if you decide that's the route you want to take although I highly recommend getting a working holiday visa at 18 and going to Australia for 2 years first. I had an amazing time and came back so much more confident.

• justin

I care. im sorry... God is testing you to care. to want the best for everyones soul love god and love good peopel when its hard. If I cna help send me a mesage my kik is gerberstuffbabies my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310 and my facebook is camaro elfyboy with a pink sword art online anime picture. Depresion is a disease and u must fight back. I've been thru this, know many friends who are working thru it with my help. u must see thru this illusion . If I didn't care I wouldnt bother replying . Therfore I do care . Therfore i want u to reply. For me accepting that god loves me and wants the best for me and pushing away/blocking negative thoughts and feelings helps alot. Create a rubber band like forcefield within the center of ur mind and use it to push slowly but forcefully all the negativity out of ur mind. Pull urself within this rubber band force field and use it to create some space inside that u can have hope and faith that god will make right all wrongs if u can. Another trick is to put things in perspective. To see the world and ur life as a short temporary schooling for ur soul where u whould try to learn what u cna when u are here cause afterwards is an eternity of perfect bliss and good things. if u cna do it right it often will make u feel ur negativity melt away. All pain and suffering will be reimbursed he told me and it will not be a 1 to 1 ratio but 100 to 1. some pain types differ like oppression which is even more so. So do not allow the sadness to win.

While it seems like another added stressor, engaging in a form of exercise daily will help manage it, and build self esteem.

Don't be afraid to be unpopular.

The one and ONLY opinion of you that counts belongs to the one who made you.

There are only three negative emotions - anger, fear and sadness - and variations of them.

Because we are trained to hide our weaknesses and show our strengths, people use anger as their 'go-to' emotion when they are (in reality) hurting.

The advertising industry programmed us to think we don't have enough. It sells their products and drives the economy. They want you to think you're not good enough. Not cooool enough.

They made you insecure.

'THINK AHEAD' they told you as a child... but think about what? You control nothing. Thinking ahead inspires fear of what's coming - which is anxiety.

Feel sorry for yourself, cuz no one else will?

That hook will drag you into a deep deep pit of depression. Sadness created by crippling self-concern. Helping others gets your mind off of you and the inevitable morbid self obsession.

Anger becomes a 'go-to' emotion - they can't deal with people and don't want to show them the are sad, lonely and hurt.

Let it go people. Anger is NOT a god... it is not protecting you... it is destroying you... ruining your life.

Forgive. Most things can be brushed off. For deep betrayal, or wilful wrongs against you... forgive them because you need forgiveness too....

And if you don't forgive, God will not forgive you.

All these things are lessons that Jesus taught me... just a few of countless lessons on my journey with him. Make him the Lord of your life: make him your bomb shelter; he will protect you and set you free. He is the way and the truth and the life, and you will finally enjoy yours and be a blessing to others if you humble yourself and seek mercy from him.

God bless you on your journey.

PS.

To turn studying into a game, follow this advice.

Studying will become fun for you - with no stress.

From the dollar store, get file cards... the kind made for a rolodex. They must be this kind, because you will need to shuffle them.

- When you're in class, pay attention and keep your textbook open to where the teacher is speaking. Put a check beside the paragraph that s/he is referring to.

- At home, read the paragraph beside the checkmark again and create a question from it. Put it in terms YOU can clearly understand.

- On the front of one of the rolodex cards write the question.

Put the answer on the back.

- Repeat until you have 20 or 30 cards for a chapter from your text book.

- PUT THE BOOK AWAY and test yourself.

- Ask yourself the questions. Make two piles - the “i know it” pile and the “I don’t know it” pile. You must know the answer immediately for it to go into the 'I know it' pile.

Shuffle. Repeat.

Keep doing this until all the cards are in the "I know it" pile.

DO NOT TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Or word will get out and you won’t look like a genius.

Know that the depression exist for the reason of settling you down. You are the same person that likes running around and playing, but in order for you to survive you have to settle down. The human body does this by increasing the amount of enzymes in your system that cause a depression. This reaction will go away as you grow. Knowing this you should be able to reason that it is a physical reaction your body is going through, so it doesn't distract your thinking. And, go on about your routine. You will feel lazier and sluggish, but press on soldier!

• LAN

I don't honestly care. If you are really such a sorry loser that you think that you could get a valid answer to this kind of question here then you are beyond hope and will more than likely end up on some kind of assistance as a drain on society.