Movies Section: On the list, Which summer movie(s) of 1999 is your favorite?

Choose any of your favorite summer movie of 1999 (May, June, July, and August and sometimes End of April).

1. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

2. The Sixth Sense

3. Tarzan

4. The Mummy

5. Notting Hill

6. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

7. Runaway Bride

8. The Blair Witch Project

9. American Pie

10. Eyes Wide Shut

HM: South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut; Bowfinger, Muppets from Space, Entrapment, The Wood, Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, Big Daddy, Dick, Wild Wild West, The Iron Giant, Instinct, The Haunting, Mystery Men, Lake Placid, Inspector Gadget, Detroit Rock City, Mickey Blue Eyes, The Thomas Crown Affair (1999), The General's Daughter, Deep Blue Sea, Drop Dead Gorgeous, In Too Deep, and Brokedown Palace

• Betty

The Thomas Crown Affair.

Ghost Dog, with The Sixth Sense as a close second.

The Sixth Sense

tarzan star wars american pie south park

The Sixth Sense was my favorite.

I am gonna give it to the Hugh Grant comedies..........Notting Hill, and Mickey Blue Eyes, which was actually pretty funny. I actually LIKED the gangsters funny paintings, of the Apostles playing poker and getting rubbed out. I would have bought some of those!

HM to South Park of course.......the Les Miserables, Parody was priceless!

Well, it's not on your list since it came out a month earlier, but it was still in theaters in the summer. My favorite among the ones I actually saw was "The Matrix."

If I have to limit myself to just those on the list, I'd say probably "Sixth Sense."

I never realized how many of those came out that same year.

• skeptik

Yeah, there were a lot of very well-known movies that year, that you don't really think of as having been at the same time.

Unfortunately, since your question limits it to "summer" films, The Matrix gets missed - since it came out in the spring.