How do i get a good nights sleep?

My whole life i have been a light sleeper and since i adopted my two year old son i have gotten barely any sleep. He is a good child, he always listens and never plays up. I am a single mum but i try my best to be a good parent to him. But at night he'll cry and it takes about an hour to settle him into bed. I... show more My whole life i have been a light sleeper and since i adopted my two year old son i have gotten barely any sleep. He is a good child, he always listens and never plays up. I am a single mum but i try my best to be a good parent to him. But at night he'll cry and it takes about an hour to settle him into bed. I have a bedtime routine and i always give him a bath and read him a book. I'll leave the room and start to get ready to go to bed myself. Once im in bed he will come and wake me up for a glass of water or to go to the toilet or to tuck him in again or for another hug etc. This goes on all night until about 3 in the morning when he finally falls asleep. But then i am woken at 5 or 6 in the morning for breakfast. Sometimes i don't sleep at all, the most sleep i'll get in a night is 3 or 4 hours. I am so exhausted throught the day and idk what to do. Iv'e tried letting him sleep with me but the same thing happens.
4 answers 4