Stress is a choice?

I have been very physically stressed from my job since mid August. I worked 40 hrs a week as a Kitchen Porter and then around beginning of September I couldn't take it anymore and called in sick for a whole 6 days. I went back to work but only part time. The stress is creeping up on me again, symptoms were... show more I have been very physically stressed from my job since mid August. I worked 40 hrs a week as a Kitchen Porter and then around beginning of September I couldn't take it anymore and called in sick for a whole 6 days. I went back to work but only part time. The stress is creeping up on me again, symptoms were fatigue when I get home, cuts on skin out of nowhere, feeling like I could collapse when it gets bad, loss of appetite, inability to study and poor memory, slight dairrhea at bowel movement times, taking ages to get out of bed etc...

What should I do? Should I search for a desk job instead or stop working for a while?

I'm a 28 year old petite female.