Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 5 months ago

so um, as a 15 year old girl, who’s not sexually active. Do i absolutely HAVE to go to a gyno? :/?

No. But gynos also can check you for other things such as cancers of the female system as well, and other things harmful and try to catch them early and treat them. They can also tell you if you may have problems later with sex by what your vagina looks like and has.

Probably not

Usually people go when they start becoming active

If everything is normal, no. Certain parents and insurances say otherwise

• Sky

Ask your regular family physician. If he/she recommends you start visiting a gynecologist then you should go. A gynecologist specializes in the anatomy and issues that females deal with. There is no good reason to avoid visiting a gynecologist.

I'm a 36 years old virginal woman myself. Yes virginal women and teen girls can have gynecological problems, and concerns about their reproductive health system, and some have chemical imbalances that require birth control, and others can get endemotriosis, ovarian cyst, and other issues. Virgins do get reproductive health problems,too. At birth I was born prematurely, and my vaginal opening was nearly fused or almost completely closed due labial fusion. At 36 years old the lifetime effects of premature birth still have effects on me. Adult women who were born prematurely can develop different gynecological health problems as well as other medical conditions as they get older, and in addition to preterm birth effects on adults who born early can cause disabilities of different kinds! I have had menstrual issues, later on diagnosed with ADHD combination type, and other psychological issues. I was 17 when I first started having dysmenorrhea, and chronic vaginitis.

• Ashley5 months agoReport

You can try seeking help from your primary care physician for any feminine health concerns you have. Just note that there's always a lot more than just what can happen to the female body in both sexually inexperienced or experienced that has nothing to do with sexual relationships,etc.

I didnt even see one till I turned 22 because I wanted to get on birth control. But I should have gone way before then because I have a family history of female issues like cancer and etc. The only reason you should see a gyno is if a PCP or pediatrician suspects something that she may not be educated in. If you are sexually active, it might be ok to see one to make sure you are safe from HPV and any other STD's but most PCP's can do tests now. IF you being told to see one, ask why and demand a reason. You may be 15, but 15 and being told to see a gyno is very scary and can cause future reasons to not ever go. Ask your mom why and ask the doctor. This is your health care, most PCP or Pediatricians will tell you why. Good luck XOXO

• kelvin

no you do not.......

No - usually not necessary.

No.  Unless you are either sexually active or have a medical issue - there is no reason to get that kind of doctor or that kind of exam at 15.  

No you don't.