promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does drinking the same amount of alcohol straight get you more drunk?

I don’t really know how to word my question but I’m basically asking if you were to make a mixed drink with vodka and drank it, would you be less drunk than if you were to drink the same amount of vodka straight?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Two ounces of gin is two ounces of gin whether you drink it hot or cold, straight or mixed, alone or with others.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Not more, but quicker. The mixer in drinks slows down the absorption of alcohol because the liquid being ingested is less potent. But eventually the amount of alcohol hitting the blood stream would be the same.

• 9 months ago

The same amount of alcohol itself, say 100ml, will get you the same amount of drunk whether it's drunk as 40% gin, 12% wine or 5% beer.

• 9 months ago

Of course, as you’re diluting it. It will also depend on the speed and the amount, as it will all eventually catch up in the end.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

If you drank them both in the same amount of time, you would be equally drunk, although you'd probably have to pee a lot more with the mixed drinks.

• 9 months ago

It depends on how quickly you consume the mixed drink actually. Most people dont drink mixed drinks like shots so the time that passes between drinks could make you feel less drunk.

• 9 months ago

I would guess drinking the alcohol straight would get you drunk faster. Such as if if you drank alcohol while eating food would would slow down your alcohol absorption.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

How drunk you get depends on how much alcohol you drink over a given period. It makes no difference if you mix it with something or drink something else along with it.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Yes. Whether straight or gay, alcohol affects you the same. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.