It's been two years, daughter hasn't forgiven me for putting her cat down after expensive procedures?

My daughter moved out when she was 19, and got herself a cat from the pound. She had been attending school, and working full time. When she was 22 her cat got really sick. She spent over two thousand dollars on vet bills, and a surgery. The cat was better for a few weeks, then got sick again. She was about to max... show more My daughter moved out when she was 19, and got herself a cat from the pound. She had been attending school, and working full time. When she was 22 her cat got really sick. She spent over two thousand dollars on vet bills, and a surgery. The cat was better for a few weeks, then got sick again. She was about to max out one of her credit cards on a thousand dollar procedure that wasn't even guaranteed to help the cat. So I took the cat to a different vet and euthanized her.

I thought I was doing what was best for both the cat and her. She didn't have the extra money to keep taking this cat to the vet. She went through all her savings and was about to go into debt for this cat. She was mad, and after a few months I thought she'd get over it.

She rarely comes home to visit, phone calls are curt, and while she isn't disrespectful there is an obvious distance between us. She told my other daughter that she was trying to let it go, but is so angry, hurt and nothing can bring back her cat, and it wasn't my place to decide what to do with her animal.

Does anyone have any advice?
Update: I have apologized, offered to buy her a new cat, and even recently suggested family therapy. She says it's fine, she doesn't want another cat and doesn't want to go to therapy.
Update 2: She was at school when I was visiting, and I took the cat then.
Update 3: Update: I finally had a heart to heart you can say with her. She basically said that there was nothing to fix. That she knows for next time what to do to protect herself. She says it's easier she keeps her personal life to herself, and just focus on our relationship from a far. It wasn't what I wanted to... show more Update: I finally had a heart to heart you can say with her. She basically said that there was nothing to fix. That she knows for next time what to do to protect herself. She says it's easier she keeps her personal life to herself, and just focus on our relationship from a far. It wasn't what I wanted to hear at all. It's sad to hear that she is okay with how our relationship is at this point.