Why do video games cause such historic violence around the world?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

There is no hard evidence and not very much "soft" evidence of such a cause-and-effect relationship. There is some question regarding whether in fact the problem is the other way around - that the violence in video games comes from real-world violence.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Keep drinking the KOOL-AID the media's feeding you. You like it that much? The violets isn't that simple.

• 9 months ago

No, I don't think they have!

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Hard question. There are two sides to video games--the one that defends the video games and the other that states video games makes us violent. I'm one of those people who defend video games in a heartbeat. But not a whole lot of people haven't stopped to think and ask--does video games actually makes us violent (strictly based on research) and if so--what's the BEST solution here?

If it will help make the world a safer place and to ease our anxieties, then I am willing to put my pride and my personal perspective aside.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

good question!!

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

because the nra paid trump to tell you they do. there is no evidence that videogames cause violence. loads of other countries play videogames and have way less mass shootings. if anything there seems to be a correlation between videogames decreasing violent crime. but theres no real evidence of that either. also im not saying the us should have harsher gun laws. there are pros and cons to everything. tightening gun laws would decrease mass shootings, but the downside is that it will decrease freedom. i dont have an opinion on what is preferable. while the us does have more mass shootings then the rest of the world. mass shootings are still extremely rare. your more likely to die in a car accident and were not banning cars.

• 10 months ago

I don’t even think there’s a correlation between violent crimes and video games. The main question you need to ask is do video games cause criminals or do criminals play video games.

Even a 2 second look into the internet shows that there isn’t a link between violence and violent video games. Some Studies show that competition rather than actual violence in video games is a better predictor of aggressiveness.

(Lauren Goldbeck, 2019,National Center for Health Research/violent video games and aggression)

There are studies that show increased aggression in children when playing video games. Though it’s worth mentioning that video games like the film industry have to have age limits on games.

I’m running out of time to answer this better but look at the statistics

Hitman Blood Money 2006 sold 2.1 million copies if it is a cause for violent crimes and assuming there’s a biological difference that affects the time it takes for someone exposed to actually be violent then at some point you should see a spike in crime over a period of time relative to 2.1 million

Likewise call of duty WW2 sold 20.7 million so you should see a spike relative to 20.7 million assuming other factors like how long players played the game and so forth...

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Little Tim Tim apparently needs a safety torch...

Source(s): That'll be 50 bucks.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

The historic violence is history. Video games are still a fairly new concept when compared

• 10 months ago

I don't recall Cooking Mama causing historic violence.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.