promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 8 months ago

If attractive people are less intelligent than average, why are there so many hot girls at colleges?

I can almost guarantee that college kids are better than high school dropouts living in trailer parks. Why?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

I don't know where you got that information from but to my knowledge, I have never heard that attractive people are less intelligent than the average ones. There's no relationship between intelligence and good-looking physical features. And college isn't a place for intelligent people, everyone has the opportunity to attend college. People go to college for different reasons, but the main reason to go to college is to receive higher education so they can get better jobs. It's hard to get a high-paying job without obtaining a college degree nowadays. Some employers even prefer people with Master's degrees. So getting a college degree is normal for most people now.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

There is no scientific study showing that attractive people are less intelligent than average.

I used to model. I also attended Yale and earned a PhD at Penn. I know quite a few professors who are very good-looking, and most of them hold doctorates from Ivy League universities.

Attractive people may be less likely to pursue certain types of careers simply because their looks offer them entrée into other types (or may mean that they don't have to work hard at all), but that doesn't say anything about their fundamental intelligence.

• 8 months ago

I don't think attractive people are less intelligent than average.

That's a faulty assumption / generalization.

There's no set pattern with beauty and brains.

• 8 months ago

I think you need to very seriously question the sources of the wildly inaccurate claims, and observations, you've made. I DO hope you are trolling for otherwise I would be concerned.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Your belief that physical appearance has a correlation to intelligence is false.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Attending college, unfortunately, is no indicator of intelligence.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The stripper clubs were full.

What a dumb question.

• 8 months ago

There's no difference in average intelligence because of looks; beautiful people are just as intelligent or stupid as anyone else.

Wealth however DOES have an impact on attractiveness; better off people are more likely to have access to better diet, lifestyles etc. And are also likely to have access to better education, and able to attend college.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

People of all intellectual ability are intelligent, whoever told you they weren't is being stereotypical. Whilst people who aren't as smart can still go to college (and no, not all high school stop outs live in trailers), many are.

• 8 months ago

I don’t think your looks affect your intelligence?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.