Is a verbal warning for speeding recorded on your driver’s license? If so for how long?

I was pulled over yesterday for the first time ever! It happened near Tampa area (moved to FL couple months ago from PA) The officer took my license and registration to his car, came back and told me that it was in the computer for whenever I get pulled over for speeding again, they will see that I was warned... show more I was pulled over yesterday for the first time ever! It happened near Tampa area (moved to FL couple months ago from PA) The officer took my license and registration to his car, came back and told me that it was in the computer for whenever I get pulled over for speeding again, they will see that I was warned before, and it stays there for like 50 years! Was he just scaring me seeing that I was panicky and clueless, or was he serious?
PS I will never speed again, I thought the worst about the situation when I saw he was pulling me over, but he was extremely nice!!!