Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 8 months ago

how can i stop being angry at the world?

this year was so rocky for me. my only parent lost her job and we were struggling to pay our bills with our saving and to buy food and keep the lights on. i had to quit volleyball due to various injuries that required knee surgery on both my knees. the injury traumatized me a lot. i dislocated my knee cap but instead of going back into place it stayed out of socket and i had to be taken to the hospital (this has happened four times) and i’m finally getting the surgeries i need. i’ve been on crutches for almost 6 months. i’ve lost most of my friends because volleyball practice was the only time i really got to see them. my mom has been constantly busy. and i’ve been feeling alone. most of our family just judges us because my mom isn’t married so they just look down on us. i want to have a more positive outlook but i feel like life is just kicking my *** right now. i’m still grateful for what i have (a roof over my head and food to eat most of the time) but it still gets hard to look on the bright side all of the time..

You're doing the right thing by appreciating what you do have. You have a parent whom I'm guessing is good to you and does what she can for you. I had an abusive parent growing up and my life was really miserable. You are getting the treatment you need for your knee, and it will get better. Have you tried calling or emailing your friends? They'd probably be happy to hear from you. Don't worry about your family - if they want to be judgmental that is their problem. If you are lonely find something to do - read, draw or paint, learn to cook or bake something you and your mom would like. Dwelling on what's not right with your life isn't good for you.