Are some occupations paid too much? Too little?

I've been having a lengthy discussion with two friends about job salaries and work. One of my friends, Melissa*, is a Starbucks barista and she makes 29K/year. The other, Joan, is a food delivery driver and she's only been working for a couple months but says she's on track to make up to 55K this year.... show more I've been having a lengthy discussion with two friends about job salaries and work. One of my friends, Melissa*, is a Starbucks barista and she makes 29K/year. The other, Joan, is a food delivery driver and she's only been working for a couple months but says she's on track to make up to 55K this year. I believe her, she's shown me earnings of her getting like $780 a week from food delivery not including cash tips.

Melissa got really mad at Joan, saying that her job pays way too much for the little amount of technical skill and knowledge required to perform the job, telling her: "All you do is drive around, pick up orders, put sauce in bags, and drop it off. You just drive around and listen to music and have the time of your life. How can you make so much money for so little work? I spent months trying to memorize all these drinks, equipment, and learning inventory and doing schedule management and all this cr*p and I get paid pretty much half than you. That's ridiculous."

Well, I was going to tell Melissa that if she thinks it's so easy, just to become a delivery driver. But I remembered she doesn't own a car and walks to work.

Welp. Do you think delivery drivers are paid too much? Baristas are paid too little? What's your opinion on the matter?

It also begs the question, do you think people have a bias and think their own job is inherently harder their other peoples' jobs?

*I used fake names, we are in Texas.