Super Mario Maker 2 Can you explain to me the proper placement of music icons in level making so as not to have the music cut out & restart?

I've discovered that the music icons need to be placed roughly 9 apart and up to 15 high in some places, depending on whether it's a horizontal vs vertical level. But I'm not sure if I can stagger the music icons or do I have to have them connected and spam the area with them? There does seem to be a limit to the number you can use so staggering them would be best. Is there an exact way to arrange them so the music doesn't cut out? If you can link me to an in depth tutorial or guide on exactly how the best way to arrange music and sound effects is, would be great.

I found out that the best way, is to place them in a diamond pattern, with 5 per side, which gives you 9 blocks between the furthest points, straight across in the middle.

• DIEGO.

good question!!