promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 8 months ago

Why do western european women look so masculine?

I don't know how most western european women look so manly even though most western euro males look feminine and weak. On the other side, eastern european women have feminine features but their fellow east euro guys have masculine features. Why is it so?? Is it genetics??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Aiden
    Lv 5
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Environment.

The way that Eastern European men are grown up to act, requires them to be manly men. As such they treat their bodies as such and eventually they tend to develop traits that fit into that image. 

Women also tend to be more house-wifey. They rely a lot more on their looks and personalities to find a good man that they can live with. Hence the more feminine appearance.

Western European men and women are a bit more free spirited and are socially treated as though they can do what they want regardless of gender. As such men have less of a need to be manly and women have more of a desire to have a job, live their own way and be a bit more masculine. Their bodies again reflect that. 

So yeah. It's just a different social environment and how people have developed to suit what is necessary for their lives. 

Genes also play a part, but I'm sure that you've already considered that and it's not what you're asking. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You seem to have problems with your eyesight.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Sexual dimorphism does vary between human populations. For example, some Black people are more sexually dimorphic than Caucasians whereas East Asians tend to be less so. My perception, as a NW European, of Eastern Europeans is that physically they're indistinguishable from us, less so in fact than Northern Europeans are from Spaniards and Italians.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.