What would be your response in this situation?

Update: 1. I own a 13 year old car. it looks perfect. I love this  car. Recently I had a bumper to bumper inspection and it found a lot of items needing repair due to the age of my car. I am looking at about 4,500.00 in repairs. It can be done spread out over time. I know this is a lot of money. I know my car is not worth... show more 1. I own a 13 year old car. it looks perfect. I love this  car. Recently I had a bumper to bumper inspection and it found a lot of items needing repair due to the age of my car. I am looking at about 4,500.00 in repairs. It can be done spread out over time. I know this is a lot of money. I know my car is not worth much more than than the cost of repairs. My husband wants me to drive the car until it fails.
Update 2: 2. One of the repairs I need to do soon is my cv joints. both front end of car. I am in stage one where they are slinging grease. If I drive my car until the cv joints  fails,   I could be seriously hurt or die - look up cv joint failure/breaks what happens. My husband says, he will always will keep me in a... show more 2. One of the repairs I need to do soon is my cv joints. both front end of car. I am in stage one where they are slinging grease. If I drive my car until the cv joints  fails,   I could be seriously hurt or die - look up cv joint failure/breaks what happens. My husband says, he will always will keep me in a reliable car, it won't be a nice as the car I have now.
Update 3: 3. He thinks he can get me a good, basically student crap car for under $7,000, invest probably $2,000, like you usually do for a used car and he thinks it will be better than the car I have now? A car at that price might be 2-3 years newer than what I am driving now.
Update 4: 4. It will have old age problems too. Plus not knowing all history of said car. Am I being unreasonable where I think it is the better solution to fix the car that I really love? I think it will cost more going the way he says..I also got to sit through a condescending speech om how much money has been spent on my... show more 4. It will have old age problems too. Plus not knowing all history of said car. Am I being unreasonable where I think it is the better solution to fix the car that I really love? I think it will cost more going the way he says..I also got to sit through a condescending speech om how much money has been spent on my car over 13 years. Normal stuff. My husband has had 4 vehicles to my one.