Am i safe from pregnancy?

I started birth control September 13th. I took my 1st pill at 12 that day. On Thursday at 12 I took my 7th pill. I had sex Thursday around 5 pm. Am I still at a risk?

Favorite Answer

If you are taking the regular combined pill (estrogen and progesterone) then you should be fine! You don't even have to take it at the same time every day in order to be safe.

However, if you are taking progesterone only pills you will not be safe for a while longer! You also have to take progesterone only pills at the same time every day or your risk increases! Good luck!

Some version of this question is asked way too many times here every day. the answer is the same as always -- anyone in her child bearing years can become pregnant

• Nathan

If you didn't use a condom you are at risk. You need to continue to use the pill everyday so that the ovaries can not produce an egg, but your chances of pregnancy or getting an STD are moderately high without a condom.

You should be good but even when taken as directed, birth control is not 100% effective.

It depends upon the pill you're taking. Your doctor should have explained to you when it's safe. When I was on the pill, I had to wait 30 days after taking the first dose. But that's not true of all.