promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 months ago

why does my dog have hair coming off of her ears?

i know it's nothing to worry about. im just curious.

Update:

lol. i just realised that i made the question sound as if hair was actually falling off her ears. it's just growing like off of it weirdly, is what i meant to say.

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Use a shock collar.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

With so many reasons a dog would lose its coat or fur so I just googled your question & up popped all kinds of information as to why dogs start losing their coats.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Why+does+my+dog+ha...

• 8 months ago

Something abnormal with the folicles, maybe. Just trim those/that longer hair off. If you are REALLY worried, have your vet take a look- I'm sure he'll be more than happy to take a consultation fee off you.

• 8 months ago

Perhaps she is getting older, or she has some type of bug or infection

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

My first thought is mites and those itch so the dog is scratching its ears which includes losening the hair on them, if it is mites the scratching will cause a secondary infection. Bacterial or fungal infections, such as in the case of ringworm which is actually a fungus, can also be attributed to hair loss........both are a concern and both need treatment by a vet.

Hair loss is a first sign that something could potentially be wrong from parasites, fungal infection to hormonal to thyroid issues, unless of course it is natural malting

• Lulu8 months agoReport

if anything she's actually been getting lots more hair lately :/ maybe just a sign of getting old

• 8 months ago

How do you "know it's nothing to worry about"? Are you a vet? If so, why are you asking us?

• ...Show all comments
    • ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

"i know it's nothing to worry about." You're an effing idiot. None of us can diagnose your dog. It needs a VET so get it to one. Stop looking for fellow idiots to tell you "Oh don't worry!"

• 8 months ago

Loss of coat or thinning of coat (such that you have skin showing) & if this coat "coming off the ears" is beyond just regular shedding - can be a possible sign of LOW THYROID. There are usually additional signs such as lower energy, gaining weight, dry or flaking coat (esp down the topline).

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

And a thumbs down for you because you didn't tell them what they want to hear. Sick of people like this.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.