Will I need to take antibiotics for the rest of my life?

A few months after my husband and I started dating, I would always get a female infection. I got a yeast infection shortly after being together and now indefinite bouts of BV since 2015. It always happened a couple days after sex and would be horrendous and embarrassing. I’m getting emotional writing this because I... show more A few months after my husband and I started dating, I would always get a female infection. I got a yeast infection shortly after being together and now indefinite bouts of BV since 2015. It always happened a couple days after sex and would be horrendous and embarrassing. I’m getting emotional writing this because I feel less of a woman and disgusting.

My husband and I would both shower before sex and I would pee and clean after sex but two days later, the smell. IT ALWAYS F****** HAPPENS. I recently got tested and had a pap and everything was negative. Key point: I NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE WITH ANYONE ELSE. I NEVER NEEDED TO DOUCHE AND USE SUPPOSITORIES OR USE AFTER SEX TREATMENT ON A DAILY F****** BASIS. I hate it and sometimes contemplate whether we can continue our marriage since neither of us will have a quality sex life.

I cry about it sometimes because I feel so stuck. Even when we use condoms, I get a mild smell. Again never had this issue with anyone else. I cut back on sugar and drink lots of water. I’m trying to cut red meat out as well. I don’t know what to do. I love him but almost at the point of refusing sex indefinitely. And if that’s the case, we might as well divorce.
1 answer 1