Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 months ago

Will I need to take antibiotics for the rest of my life?

A few months after my husband and I started dating, I would always get a female infection. I got a yeast infection shortly after being together and now indefinite bouts of BV since 2015. It always happened a couple days after sex and would be horrendous and embarrassing. I’m getting emotional writing this because I feel less of a woman and disgusting.

My husband and I would both shower before sex and I would pee and clean after sex but two days later, the smell. IT ALWAYS F****** HAPPENS. I recently got tested and had a pap and everything was negative. Key point: I NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE WITH ANYONE ELSE. I NEVER NEEDED TO DOUCHE AND USE SUPPOSITORIES OR USE AFTER SEX TREATMENT ON A DAILY F****** BASIS. I hate it and sometimes contemplate whether we can continue our marriage since neither of us will have a quality sex life.

I cry about it sometimes because I feel so stuck. Even when we use condoms, I get a mild smell. Again never had this issue with anyone else. I cut back on sugar and drink lots of water. I’m trying to cut red meat out as well. I don’t know what to do. I love him but almost at the point of refusing sex indefinitely. And if that’s the case, we might as well divorce.

This issue will not go away no matter what man you are with. And antibiotics often start this problem. It sounds to me like you are not really getting over BV. Peal a garlic clove. Cut it thin and put at the end of a tampon and insert. Do this every couple hours and it should get the BV under control.

• Lady Lana9 months agoReport

How will the garlic slice be removed then? I really hate having to dig it out but if there’s no other way.