I used the term "stolen" by accident, was this okay to do?

We have these markers at work. Tonight, I was working with my coworker who is also my assistant manager. I stupidly blurted out that there was a marker "stolen" I am not sure why I used that term but it came to my head. I meant to say it was missing. He then asked me what do you mean stolen? I then said... show more We have these markers at work. Tonight, I was working with my coworker who is also my assistant manager. I stupidly blurted out that there was a marker "stolen" I am not sure why I used that term but it came to my head.

I meant to say it was missing. He then asked me what do you mean stolen? I then said well I think it fell under our case here and I started looking for it.

I don't want to look like I am accusing anyone about taking it. I didnt mean to say stolen I guess I should have used a better word. I just was wondering where it went. Will he forget that I said this?