Anonymous

Been working at current job for a month but got a better offer?

I plan to give my two weeks soon but considering I haven't been there long I don't know what to say. Should I tell them I've gotten another offer? Don't really want my coworkers bugging me with questions but I do want them to know I'm leaving for a legitimate reason. Advice?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

TAKE IT PAL!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

talk to your boss about it, your co workers don't need to know anything, its none of their business.

• ricky
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

As an owner of a company, I wouldn’t want to hold you back from a better opportunity. I would absolutely expect you to be honest about your leaving. Hopefully, they have gotten there money’s worth out of you, as opposed to training.

• Don't mention the other offer and they don't need to know why you're leaving. If you don't want any one to know you're leaving, you should ask your boss not to tell any one about this. You don't like being put on the spot. If any one asks, just tell them you don't want to talk about it.

Write them a resignation letter. Thank them for the opportunity they gave you to work for them. Unfortunately you have decided to move on. You will be leaving as of ____ date. Sincerely, sign it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Just get on with your life, write a short resignation letter saying this is your resignation letter and your last date with them will be such and such and that's all. You do not owe them an explanation, if your co workers ask tell them you got a better offer elsewhere. Why so complicated?

• 10 months ago

Before you leave, I would suggest you ask your boss to meet the new job offer. I would suggest you keep your current job. One month to quit is way too soon.

• Merp10 months agoReport

It's a career change. I'm leaving fast food.

• D J
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You tell your co workers nothing, if you are going to resign, just do it in writing.

• 10 months ago

i would just tell them the truth and give them notice

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

just tell them the truth

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

your co-workers don't need to know. just your supervisor and HR. turnovers happen all the time. it's just business. just say you received a late offer and plan to accept it. thank your company for the opportunity and just schedule your new employment the day after your current. unless you want a little break in between you can see if you can schedule the start date later.

unless it's a company you really want to work for, or has other perks you're looking for, consider telling the current company your offer. they may be able to match if not better it if they like what you're doing.

• Kyle
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

if it's dysfunctional and unprofessional, then i wouldn't feel sorry at all for leaving for a better offer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.