Sandra S. asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 9 months ago

Yahoo Products: Y!A New Format; is there a comment limit ?

Either it's a glitch I'm experiencing, or is there a comment limit with the 'new' format?

NOTE: I'm sorry for my question confusion. I'm not asking about characters, I'm asking how many times can one post a comment. 1,2, 3, 4, 5 or unlimited. I have a characters count down from 300 so I know about the Characters.

• JSC

I don't believe there is a limit. What you were experiencing was indeed a glitch. Comments in our section continues to climb. The new format, is simply that, a new format that we need to get used too. Only problem for me is it isn't staying around long enough for me to navigate. I'm sure soon it will be permanent. Sorry to see no one read your updates or comments so you could get a straight answer. I hope my answer helps.

• .

I saw someone last week post that there was a comment limit, but in that same question they posted a number of comments to one user in excess of what they claimed the limit was.

There may be a limit or it may be something that's being toyed with or even a glitch as the new mobile format is rolled out. Theoretically, more than 1 or 2 comments below an answer shouldn't be necessary, since the site was never designed to be a chat site (and comments were added a few years ago, at users' request, but haven't always been available here)

• Sandra S.

Thank you. Good answer! I'm thinking that why they designed a comment section for those who wish to reasonably chat a bit. Make no sense to chat over an answer otherwise. Sadly, getting a straight factual answer to any question (in most cases) is hard to get.

• Betty

There is a limit to the number of characters used.

• Sandra S.

I'm sorry for my question confusion. I'm not asking about characters, I'm asking how many times can one post a comment. 1,2, 3, 4, 5 or unlimited. I have a characters count down from 300 so I know about the Characters.

Yes there is...the number of permitted characters has been reduced.

• Sandra S.

• Daniel

Yes there is a Comment limit 300 Characters according to the Bottom of the Comment Box after that you have to Post what you got and write the Rest in a Separate Comment

• Sandra S.

I know there's a letter limit of (300) I meant
      individual times to comment. Like updates the limit is (5).

• Yes, there is a limit on comments of 300 characters. There is no comment limit but if using a phone you should be on desktop mode. I doubt there is a limit on answers unless it is only on a mobile phone. But 10,000 characters is ridiculous. Who is going to read that much here? I really doubt that is correct. I see no character count on my answer.

Update: I just check and there are 50 characters per line. To get to 10,000 characters you would have to write 200 full lines. Have you ever seen anyone write 200 lines here before? I sure have not. This is why I call that person out for her outlandish answer. I also did not see a character count as she claimed. Try it yourself if you do not believe me.

2nd Update: Today I was helping someone with a problem here using comments. We both have laptops and between us, we had 15 comments.

As far as I know, the limits on question updates and comments in answers have NOT changed. 

Comments on answers still have a 300 character SPACE limit. The character space limit on answers has gone from 1500 to 10,000 character spaces. 

• Sandra S.

I'm still trying out